PDA

View Full Version : Loaded audio gets stretched

byronpetch
10-07-2004, 07:07 AM
Hi all

Ive had this problem for some years now and with various versions of lightwave and its becoming a real frustration for me.

When I load a piece of audio into layout it seems to get stretched and runs over more frames than it should. I'm loading a piece of audio that I know to be 21 seconds long yet in the time line it runs over 24 seconds which also means it runs slower. This has always happened and I really don't understand why. Has anyone any ideas?

I live in the UK so my project is 25fps

Any help would be much appreciated as it would make it so much easier to animate to audio. Apart from that I just keep thinking this must work some how.

Thanks

Matt

Glendalough
10-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Haven't worked in 25fps and have had no audio problems with 30fps so think this is one of those issues about converting things to work this way with Lightwave which seems perhaps to be built for 30fps...................maybe you have to shrink the audio length to get it to work i.e. speed it up the right percentage, ratio ???????

byronpetch
10-08-2004, 03:04 AM
Thanks for your reply. Perhaps it does only work with 30fps. It would be good to get this confirmed. Perhaps I should ask NewTek.