PDA

View Full Version : 'releasing' keys in graph editor?

Johnny
10-06-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm varying light intensity with a graph..made 2 keys and picked "Oscillate" for post behavior. I get what I want, except that I'd like to throw in a little randomness by pulling out some keys here and there while leaving the overall oscillation as is.

Of course, when I adjust the key to which I've applied post behavior, all the cycles change in lockstep; when I insert a keyframe, it "breaks" the pattern and creates a new one.

I don't see a tool or a method which will allow me to keep, but tinker with, the oscillation I have so that I can randomly change the oscillation here and there.

Any hints?

J

toby
10-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Hi Johnny

Once you have the oscillation you like, Bake the channel ('b') and throw in some variation here and there, by hand ~

Johnny
10-06-2004, 10:36 PM
thanks! that works great...gives even more points to pull out than I had hoped for.

J

rdolishny
07-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the tip about Baking a channel.

Is there a way to Taper the baked points from where they are to roughly zero? Right now all I think I can do is lasso points and drag them all en masse.

If I can do this as some sort of gradient filter that would work too, but I'm a little green at that as well.

So basically for anyone checking this out, would like to fade out my oscillation effect mid-animation.

Dodgy
07-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Can't you use a noise modifier to wiggle them?

rdolishny
07-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Can't you use a noise modifier to wiggle them?

Sure but don't I have the same problem? I need to fade out that effect over time.

Dodgy
07-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Another on my list of lscripts to write :)

tajino
07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Sure but don't I have the same problem? I need to fade out that effect over time.

or you could try this NoisyChannel2, all parameters are envelopable. http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/layout.htm#NoisyChannel2

toby
07-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Or, after you bake, grab the last 29 keyframes or so and delete them, leaving the 30th at the end set to 0. Then use tcb to get the curve you want.