PDA

View Full Version : Geniuses this way

Tenreh
10-06-2004, 08:56 AM
So I'm a moron, but Im new to the community and I need some help.. I was just toying with lightwave modeller for the first time, and its so friggin unintuitive I need help. I'm trying to do the "simple" blood cell tutorial on this page. It took me half an hour to figure out how to make "segments" by connecting points with the edge tool, now it gets even weirder, depending on the mood of the program, apparently, shift+h will give me a perfectly symmetrical "shrink" of the points towards the origin ORRRR it will let me freely move them around wherever, how do I control this. Next, when I select all the faces and shift+f sometimes it will make a new surface that I can extrude up or down and sometime it will jsut make 4 dotted like appear, that point either up or down, depending on how many times I push shift+f vainly trying to create a new surface. How do I control this? Next, the 4 dotted lines are never the same length and they're not oriented very symmetrically at all with my surface. What are these? Lastly, when chance brings allows all the tools to function as the tutorial claims they should and I get this filled-in torus-like object (the bloodcell) when I hit tab to see how it looks, strange little circles form and make the form of the object lumpy, rather than a smooth torus it will have bulges in the rim. If anyone can point a newbie in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

mattclary
10-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Merge points and delete all two point polys.

Tenreh
10-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Nice tattoo. ;)