PDA

View Full Version : Key frame/curve, copy and paste

jasonwestmas
10-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Hello, I'm trying to find a quick way to copy and paste a sequence of keyframes without having to do a time slice copy and paste to each curve separately. Is there a way I can copy all the curves/keyframes at once and then paste them on the timeline in a different location?

Thanks

Dodgy
10-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Select the keys you want and ctrl-rmb drag the pointer so the points are where you want them and then release. Make sure the pointer isn't over a curve, as when you release, it won't add points.

jasonwestmas
10-05-2004, 05:09 PM
:rolleyes: Ok, that's easy enough. But is it possible to do that on more than one curve at a time? I want to copy some keys to a walk cycle and repeat the same keys later in the timeline. How can I select keyframes on different curves at the same time and copy them?

Thanks

Axis3d
10-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Just multi-select all the curves you want in the channel bin before you copy them.

jasonwestmas
10-05-2004, 09:04 PM
I select all the channels and then selected all the keys in the graph editor. I then held down the ctrl key and RMB draged the copied keys out onto a diffent position. When I let go the ghosted keys won't always stay on the graph and just disappear. Once in a while i get lucky and it works but I'm wondering if the cursor needs to be on the curves or the grey space or what?

Thanks for the help guys!

Dodgy
10-06-2004, 03:17 AM
Please read :)

Make sure the pointer isn't over a curve, as when you release, it won't add points.

jasonwestmas
10-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Sorry Dodgy, my brain must be fried. :rolleyes:

faulknermano
10-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Sorry Dodgy, my brain must be fried. :rolleyes:

this is what i know: if you want to copy only one channel's keyframes, the cursor MUST BE ON THE CURVE.

if you want to copy multiple channels at a time, the cursor MUST NOT BE ON THE CURVE.

Rory_L
10-06-2004, 10:44 PM
Don`t forget the Keyframer plugin, for when you want to copy entire curves to other channels.

R