PDA

View Full Version : But where is the shadow?

anogarlr
10-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Well, I've been learning LW for about three hours, and I'm having frustrations. This particular frustration is the lack of a shadow. I only have one distance light, but it is set to "ray-traced" shadows, and thus should be casting, right? I'm frustrated. This is odd. I recognize that it is floating, but, hey, all I'm curious about is the shadows.

http://img56.exs.cx/img56/7363/ring_noshadow.jpg

Hervé
10-05-2004, 03:02 AM
...render panel.....huh

RTFM ! :D ;)

etobiason
10-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Yeah, this should be in the manual.

Ray-tracing takes up render time. So, it is a function that you can turn off and on. Go to the Render Panel, click on Render Options, and activate Ray Trace Shadows. You'll have the option for reflections, refraction, tranparency....

UnCommonGrafx
10-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Read the freakin' manual.
Press F1, of lw[8] and READ the manual.
Go to google and put in "Raytrace LightWave Render Panel" and have a read.

Truly, learn to learn your app and it's easier for us to help you.

Well, I've been learning LW for about three hours, and I'm having frustrations. This particular frustration is the lack of a shadow. I only have one distance light, but it is set to "ray-traced" shadows, and thus should be casting, right? I'm frustrated. This is odd. I recognize that it is floating, but, hey, all I'm curious about is the shadows.

mgrusin
10-07-2004, 03:33 PM
Easy easy, we've all been there. I'm there every day, only on more and more obscure features.

If I may suggest, pick up an instructional book or video that actually walks you through rendering exercises. The manual has to present everything more or less equally, so it can be hard to pick up the critical points.

Welcome to Lightwave and good luck! -MG.