PDA

View Full Version : nulls in modeler

andromeda_girl
10-04-2004, 03:10 PM
i have a small problem, probably has a simple solution too :)
i exported 3D tracking data into LW and so now i have a camera and nulls.
my problem is, i need to bring these nulls into modeler so i can use them as reference objects for making some geometry.

how does one do this?
thanks!

Axis3d
10-04-2004, 05:51 PM
I came across this problem a while ago when I started using Boujou. I have an Lscript which turns the nulls into points in Modeler. It used to be on Flay, but I can't find it anymore. I can email it to you if you want.

Flashfire|REAL
10-04-2004, 06:10 PM
I would love that script... my email is:

[email protected]

Thanks and cheers!

andromeda_girl
10-04-2004, 09:01 PM
I came across this problem a while ago when I started using Boujou. I have an Lscript which turns the nulls into points in Modeler. It used to be on Flay, but I can't find it anymore. I can email it to you if you want.

Gosh you're smart!
amazing- LW don't do what you want so you make your own plugin!
that would be great!!
Thank you very much :D

[email protected]

~A.

fronzel
06-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Sweet, I having this problem myself right now, can't find the plugins on flay.

Can some one send it to me to ?

that would be so awsome.

[email protected]

Surrealist.
06-13-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't know how many nulls you guys are talking about so forgive me if this is way to tedious of a solution but...

In Modeler Create a point at 0,0,0, choose points to polys and save.

In layout load scene with nulls. Load poly point you created, clone as many as needed.

With parent in place unchecked (options panel) parent each poly point to a null and save each as a Save Trans Object each with a unique name and load each into modeler as a separate object. Copy and paste into objects' layers as needed.

For a few nulls say less than ten this would not be too bad but if you are talking about several nulls say each for a keyframe maybe not. (never used tracking data)

Just an idea to get you there if there are not too many nulls and you have yet to get a response.

fronzel
06-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Right on, Thanks for the idea. I actualy found the plugin " PointsToNulls " That would have worked for sure, It was only 4 nulls.

I'll be tracking hundreds of nulls soon so we'll see how good that plug-in is

Cman
06-13-2005, 04:08 PM
NullsToPoints is here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CMAN_LScripts/files/