PDA

View Full Version : Bones loose their influence on Polys

todernst
10-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Hey Lightwavers,

I've been working on animating a scene that involves a superhero jumping off objects, spinning around, and then leaping into the air. I did all the animations first, then I began the week long task of configuring the cape as a ClothFX and the body as a Collision to make sure that the cape didn't go throught the body when he leaps and twists. Now that I've finished the cape work, the body no longer animates. The character moves, but the legs and arms are still. The bones still move, the the arm and leg polys stay in the initial position that I modelled them in. I've checked the weight maps and they are all correct. Is it possible that I accidently hit a botton that turns off poly deformation? I'm trying to salvage this scene, so I don't have to start from scratch. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ROCK POWER!

-todd

Integrity
10-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I had the same problem to one time, though it was with Lightwave 7.5b. If I remember correctly; to just test to see if the order was the problem, I started the FX calculation and the bones started working again.

I'd suggest checking the subdivision order (even though that probably won't fix anything), making sure your bones are active, and to check any deformations order.

I hope this helps.

Axis3d
10-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Also, make sure that Setup > General > Enable Deform is checked.

todernst
10-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I really appreciate the help everyone.
Unfortunately it was to no avail. I've messed with the enable deform and turning bones off and on. They were all in the correct place. But I tried turning them off then on. I tried the different subdivision orders as well. No luck. Is it possible that I have to change the subdivision order, save the scene, close and then re-open it? Sometimes I have to do that when I make changes in modeler. I'm not sure. I'm probably going to redo the scene and just use bones in the cape, even though the clothFX looked great for the other 11 scenes, without any problems.

Thanks so much,

Todd

SplineGod
10-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Are your bones in another layer or in the main object layer?
Are the bones active?