PDA

View Full Version : moving layer in 3D

DrAlain
04-06-2003, 01:03 AM
Hi,
I'd like to use Aura 2.5b to make an Animatic for my current project.
So I'd like to know what's the way for moving an image put on a layer in 3D. Is there a tool I've not seen, or some Keyboard shortcut ?
I mean I'd like to find some tool available in the freeware MovieXone (it's trackball software tool).

Thanks in advance.

From France,
Dr A.RIEGER
3D Medical illustrations

paulfierlinger
04-06-2003, 05:52 AM
I assume you want to line up a bunch of stills on a single layer and then rearrange their placements, the length of duration of each image, perhaps even to a soundtrack -- IOW an animatic.

First, Aura is not editing software like an NLE program, so this is cumbersome. Second, it can be done – with patience. You must think in terms of a separate layer for every individual image. There are plugins and keyboard shortcuts available to do this in Aura, but, depending on the length of your animatic and how often you might be doing this I think you should consider getting yourself some editing software. It can be of the simplest kind; you don’t need top of the line NLE to make an animatic – but you need a little more than Aura.

Paul Fierlinger

DrAlain
04-06-2003, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the reply :)
I have a serie of TGA with alpha channel.
I'd put it on a layer and then begin to animate the flow.
Scaling, 2D rotation and 2D moving is not the problem.
But when I want to give at one frame some prespective, I could not find a tool that could turn the picture in 3D : I have to distort it to simulate perspective !
I'd like to get the effect like 'step 14' in this Aura Tutorial :
tut (http://www.newtek.com/products/aura/tutorials/lesson05/lesson05.html )
Is there no way to hold down a key and turn the current displayed frame in 3D ? :(

I'd like to stay in Aura to keep its drawing and painting tools ...

Thanks in advance, ;)

Alain

paulfierlinger
04-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Well, I'm getting a little lost here -- I wish someone else would step in. I have nothing to do with 3D animation being strictly a 2D animator. But if I understand your question, you want to move a 3D object as a flat object in space. If that is so, you are looking at the right tutorial, so follow it. But I doubt you would be asking this question, if that were the case. So do you want to know if there is a simple way to make your 3D object turn around one of its axes? I'm a bit baffled by your question, so that's why I wish someone else would join in.:confused:

Paul F.

DrAlain
04-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Hello Paul,

> If I understand your question, you want to move a 3D object as a flat object in space...
No, I have just a sigle TGA (or a sequence TGA) and I'd want to turn it in 3D on the workspace : then the TGA would immediatly appears in perpective without having to deform its initial shape...
This is exactly the case of the word 'Aura2' in the tutorial (http://www.newtek.com/products/aura/tutorials/lesson05/lesson05.html) mentionned above : a 2D picture Turned in 3D by holding CTRL key.

What's the way to do the same with a picture file (TGA, JPEG,...).

Thanks in advance,
;)

Alain

paulfierlinger
04-06-2003, 12:57 PM
Alain,
Is it "rotate" that you are asking for? In KeyFramer click the letter "H" on and then click on the left/right arrows to the left of it and drag these left and right while holding your left mouse down. You will see your image rotate as in step 14 of the tutorial.

Paul F.

SBowie
04-06-2003, 01:07 PM
Just going out to catch the plane to NAB, but in haste - I don't think Alain has realized he could load his Targa sequence as an animbrush, rather than a layer, and then move *that* around using the Keyframer.

It IS possible to do it working with layers, by simply switching the keyframer to Layer source mode (rather than the default Brush mode), but it usually is more cumbersome working with layers directly in that fashion.

Sorry to be so (uncharacteristically) brief!

paulfierlinger
04-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Sorry, I meant the little arrows to the RIGHT of the H. Steve is, of course right, so whichever you use, brush or layer, note the button "source" at the bottom of the KeyFramer. I assume you know to start KF with "new" and if you don't have Auto Key turned on, create a keyframe before you rotate. BTW I find layers easier to use than brushes -- habit I suppose.

Paul F.

DrAlain
04-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Hello !
The two ways you gave me are working !
Thanks +++

Have fun with Aura,
:)

Alain

paulfierlinger
04-07-2003, 10:48 AM
Glad to help.