PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling Text

DefcomDMC
10-04-2004, 09:42 AM
This past week I had a live event where we scrolled a list of event sponsors. I was embarrassed to watch my scroll shake its way up the screen.

What is the best way to make scolling text?

I (Saved Current Page) as an RTV ad thought that would be the best...

ScorpioProd
10-04-2004, 03:16 PM
That is the best way. Actually, that is the ONLY way if you are using the VT[3]'s CG, since it won't support long PNG pages.

Since you used an RTV, I assume that means you were playing it from a DDR into your live switch. Be sure you saved it onto your video array and that it wasn't too fragmented. It sounds like a data rate issue from your array to me.

But realize, if you are using it for live use, you can also use the CG Player to play your scroll. I'm not sure how well that works, since I don't do live work, but you should give it a try.

bbeanan
10-04-2004, 03:39 PM
You know I had a simular problem on a DVD I made for a Dance Recital which had credits of almost 600 names... a very long scroll. I had all the names in Photoshop and I created a PNG brought it into VT-Edit... but due to the lenght I had to chop it up into 3 sections as VT-Edit would not take the full file.

Once rendered out I did notice a slight jitter but once on TV via a DVD player it is almost unreadable.

So any hints I would too like to know what is the best way.

videoguy
10-04-2004, 03:44 PM
when setting the speed for your scoll in cg make sure the number you enter goes into 60 evenly becasue of feilding+