PDA

View Full Version : Modeler crashes while rotating object in viewports ?

seanburg
10-02-2004, 09:27 AM
I've recently upgraded LW8 to 8.01 and since then I have been getting intermitted crashed while rotating or moving modeled components in the 3D space. I am not experiencing this in Layout.

It is a pain though since I have lost a lot of work and yes I save quite often using incremental save but my projects are becoming a mess due to all the revisions. I have updated and downgraded my display drivers and this does not help. All my other apps are behaving except for Modeler. Anyone with any similair problems ?The model I created was created in in the new revision, doing the same problem with my other models created in previous version.

Can anyone maybe help, please ?

kntemplar
10-03-2004, 10:06 AM
I'm experiencing a similar problem in Layout. If I rotated the camera in "camera" view my computer freezes. I have to do a hard shut down and restart. It happens every time I roatate the camera while in "camera" view. I also recently upgraded to 8.01

FONGOOL
10-03-2004, 07:25 PM
I've had crashing while rotating in the perspective view since 8.0. It seems to be a video card problem because if I hide any polys that are using transparency in their surface properties, it never crashes.

It also never crashes in wireframe mode.

BeeVee
10-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Make sure your video drivers are up-to-date.

B

EmperorPete
10-04-2004, 07:49 PM
I've had the same problem, when using textured wireframe mode in the perspective window. It seems to be an intermittent problem. And my Gfx card drivers are utterly up to date.

kntemplar
10-05-2004, 07:48 AM
I upgraded my vid driver and that seems to work.

FONGOOL
10-05-2004, 11:28 AM
My drivers are up to date as per Nvidia's site (last revision was in July). I don't know anything about these 66.81 drivers some people are talking about, there's no mention on Nvidia's download page...