PDA

View Full Version : Rotation slow down over time (Urgent)

PaulJS
10-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Hi all.

I have to simulated an object which is rocking back and forwards between a rotation of -10 degrees and 10 degrees at 32000 times a second the animation then needs to slow to show this full cycle running 1 time a second.

My questions,

Obviously I cant animate it doing 32000 cycles a sec, so can i fake it with a blur?

Whats the best way to animate the slow down? I'd rather not be keyframing for days.

Im a desperate man, i need to do this for monday!!!

Help

Thanks

Matt
10-02-2004, 11:23 AM
I don't have a specific solution (sorry) but I'd suggest looking at the expression editor which will save having to keyframe the animation. Then makes sure motion blur is on and set quite high, this will allow you to create an anim that doesn't need to be 32000 times a second but will blur it enough to look like it's moving really fast.

Not sure if that helps too much, but that's where I'd start looking.

Anyone else with any ideas?

faulknermano
10-03-2004, 07:05 AM
havent tested this: use the sin() function (expressions), and multiply the time by a null's position.x. something like:

sin((Time * Null_Speed.pos(Time).x)) * Null_Amplitude.pos(Time).x;

Null_Speed.pos(Time).x will control how fast the the rocking will go. Null_Amplitude.pos(Time).x; will control how much rocking will take place. use this control to attenuate it between your desired -10 to 10 degrees.

obviously you have to create these two nulls.