PDA

View Full Version : Morph Mixer Problems??

si_kick
10-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Hey all, ive made a morph for a car door so that at 100% in morph mixer in layout its completly open. However when i open morph mixer in layout, and change the percentage the door apears all jagged and slightly deformed. What the hell is happening??? BTW im using ver 7 and rendering in F-Prime. Can somone plz help.
Thanks Si

si_kick
10-01-2004, 10:23 PM
hmm ive found the answer and thats too freeze the object then load it into layout, but is there nayway to fix the problem and still leave it unfrozen and simply just sub-divided?

Silkrooster
10-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Try changing subdivision order in the object properties, I am guessing here, but that could be the culprit.
Silk

riki
10-02-2004, 12:48 AM
I'd be more inclined to place the door on a seperate layer and adjust the pivot to get a clean swing. I don't think I'd opt to use morph mixer for something like this.

UnCommonGrafx
10-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Your approach is the problem in this case. Riki stated the most common solution for this situation.

If you want to use EndoMorph Technology, Pawel Olas' Smart Morph is the answer today.
http://www.creativecow.net/forum/read_post.php?postid=109660814781214&forumid=123
The first image here uses SmartMorph to take 4 EndoMorphs and SMOOTHLY blend them into the final shape. Granted, the final shape isn't all I was shooting for, you can still see the effect clearly.

MorphMixer only blends linearly. You also need to make sure you have your subpatched object set to last for sd order.