PDA

View Full Version : Overcaster et all

chuzzlewit
10-01-2004, 03:06 AM
Has anyone actually got Eki's plug pack to work on a mac ? Be interesting to hear configurations that do and don't work...or perhaps my systems not properly configured.
G4 800 Panther LW 7.5d

The_Eye
10-01-2004, 12:07 PM
I haven't tried it with 8 or 8.0.1 but it always works with 7.5

chuzzlewit
10-08-2004, 01:38 AM
Really... perhaps its me. I just get into an endless loop which starts with a warning about plug in sliders failure and ends with blood pouring from my ears. I've written to the Yahoo forum but it's not happening there. Perhaps the problem would be fixed by buying the full version but if I can't get the demo to work...

The_Eye
10-08-2004, 07:25 AM
I don't know what to tell you. Reinstall? I assume sliders work for other things (like morph mixer)? I think 'sliders' is a plug-in, so maybe re-add that, too. Sometimes if things seem weird, I'll just re-add most of the plug-ins. A lot of times, this works.
On the Modeler side, every once in awhile it gets weird so I replace the configs with a backup and then everythings ok again. I never had to do that with Layout, but maybe in your case.

LW is a weird little patchy beast. Sometimes doing these little, seemingly useless things makes everything work. After that, then I try voodoo.

chuzzlewit
10-10-2004, 04:10 AM
Re added plug-ins dozens of times, replaced the configurations, created new scenes added plenty of nulls, scrapped preferences, run overcaster script, stuck pins in Eki doll and all I get is "no custom object handler found with name sliders" followed by overcaster dialogue box loop or crash. Sliders work OK (some crashes) by themselves. I wish this was paid work - I'd be rich. Until a moment of clarity comes I will stick to fprime and real radiosity, press my nose to the the overcaster sweetie shop window, look longingly...and dribble.

PS know anyone who wants to buy a box of pulled out hair going cheap

The_Eye
10-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Well, it's been awhile since I used it but it does create these empty objects and saves them. I remember when I first used it there were objects saved in my preferences folder (why not in my objects folder, I don't know) that LW looked for when I reloaded the scene. I just make sure I have them in my objects folder.

Have you tried creating a null named "sliders"?

What happens if you load a sample scene? On his site there's a link to object and scene files for the tutorials. See what happens when you try and load those.

Have you asked the question on the Yahoo user group? I'm not sure if he has a direct email address for support.