PDA

View Full Version : Network Rendering Content Lost

ruud
10-01-2004, 02:56 AM
Hi, we render with lightnet, and we have a small problem lately, we save all our objects, scenes, etc. on a mapped network drive. But somehow lightwave saves some objects/textures in the scene with an incomplete string, like:

"\my_scene\objects\Rocket.lwo"

while it should save strings like:

"Y:\animation\superduperanimationdirectory\my_scene \objects\Rocket.lwo"

Even when I adjust these strings in Notepad, Lightwave still seems to see a reason to change it back into a shorter sentence.

This obviously causes problems when you network render and the software can't find the objects or textures.

This is a mayor problem when working on large animations!

My question is, how can I force LW 7.5 to save complete strings instead of the cut-off version.

Thanks in advance,

Ruut

mrunion
10-01-2004, 05:41 AM
I think this has something to do with it saving relative paths because of it's content director usage. That way every user can put a "master" directory for a project anywhere they want, and as long as all the folders underneath it are the same, everyone can open a project happily. Did any of that make sense?

Isn't there any way to give lightnet a "root" path that it will look in for everything?

BeeVee
10-01-2004, 06:15 AM
If you are using the content directory correctly it removes the need for hardwired paths completely. Read the Content Directory section in your LightWave manual to find out why it's important...

B