PDA

View Full Version : Frame 0

DMarkwick
09-30-2004, 08:27 PM
I don't like things starting from 0, I like to get everything starting from 1. I notice that in Layout that the first frame is frame 0, but that the default scene render first frame is frame 1.

Does this mean that my carefully aligned footage will be 1 frame out all the way through? Should I render from frame 0 instead of frame 1, or is there a way to get layout to start at frame 1?

When I put a movie as background image it plays from frame 0, to the end frame eg 100. If I render from frame 1 to 100 will I get one frame less than the original?

Triple G
09-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Start from wherever you want...it makes no difference really. The main reason I like to start from 1 is so that motion blur is calculated correctly for the first frame, which it is not if you start rendering from frame 0 (unless your pre-behavior for all objects is set to something other than constant). If you're trying to line up bg footage, just make sure you go into the Image Editor (CTRL+F4) and set the proper in and out points, and set the sequence start frame to whatever the first frame is that you're going to render.

DMarkwick
10-01-2004, 02:43 AM
Start from wherever you want...it makes no difference really. The main reason I like to start from 1 is so that motion blur is calculated correctly for the first frame, which it is not if you start rendering from frame 0 (unless your pre-behavior for all objects is set to something other than constant). If you're trying to line up bg footage, just make sure you go into the Image Editor (CTRL+F4) and set the proper in and out points, and set the sequence start frame to whatever the first frame is that you're going to render.

Hmm.. thanks for the reply Gregg, so I was correct in my assumption that I lose the first frame, and that the rendered sequence is "one out" from the original BG sequence is correct? This is what I want to avoid, by default if possible.

So rather than Layout having it's first frame labelled as 0, am I able to change it to 1?

PeglaSkunk
10-01-2004, 02:49 AM
By default you see left and right of the timeline 2 numbers, '0' and '60', these indicate the start and the end of the timeline. If you change the 0 into a 1, your scene will start at 1 instead of 0.

Triple G
10-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Hmm.. thanks for the reply Gregg, so I was correct in my assumption that I lose the first frame, and that the rendered sequence is "one out" from the original BG sequence is correct? This is what I want to avoid, by default if possible.

So rather than Layout having it's first frame labelled as 0, am I able to change it to 1?

By default, any BG sequence you bring in is going to start at frame 0. LW's timeline also defaults to starting at frame 0. If you want to start from frame 1 (which is the default start frame in Render Options), change your sequence start frame in the image editor to 1, and adjust your timeline to start at 1 as well. This way everything lines up, and you don't lose anything. Pretty simple. Not sure if there's a way to automate this or to have everything start at 1 by default, but it's simple enough to change where after a while you don't even really think about it.