PDA

View Full Version : Bit Depth of Digital Fusion Demo

Dillon
09-30-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm confused -

I'm using a downloaded demo version of Digital Fusion. It supposed to be full bit depth up to floating point.

When I feed it an RTV - its quality is beautiful and pristine.

When I feed it a DV file captured in premiere - the bit depth is truncated to what looks like 8 or even 4. ICK! I'm looking in the global parameters and everywhere else but there doesn't seem to be a way to get DF to show the footage in its full bit depth. It looks like smoosh on both the toaster output as well as on the computer monitor.

As a side note - when I create something (like a title) within DF, and over crank luminosity - the toaster vision output truncates the luminous values and keeps them underblown. I can't get full white hilights to show up. This happens on RTV renders as well. However, it looks fine on the computer monitor, and if I render out an AVI file, it looks perfect. And still looks perfect when I bring that avi file into the toaster editor.

Anyone know whats going on here? I'm itching to buy the program, but with the bit depth discrepencies between RTV I/O and DV I/O i'm not so sure.

Thanks

Dillon

Dillon
10-02-2004, 03:29 PM
27 Views and not one response? Does anyone know?

The trial doesn't last long :(

Dillon

Whelkn
10-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Well I have never used a DV file with DF. I usually use RTV or Tga sequences. But I have some free time so Ill check it out and see if I get the same problem and I will get back to you.

Jeremy

Whelkn
10-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Well I just tested some DV Footage and it looked just as good as the RTV and AVI Footage. They looked great on my external as well as on the computer monitor. All I can think of is to maybe install the Newtek 3rd party driver support again or reinstall DF.

Jeremy

Dillon
10-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks for looking into it!

Not understanding why I'm not able to get the full bit depth out of avi footage captured from Premiere.

More testing to do.

Thanks again

SBowie
10-05-2004, 06:22 AM
Maybe its a demo version limitation, though you wouldn't think so. Maybe e-mail tech support direct....

WizCraker
10-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Having you tried to email support at Eyeon or even call them? They have one of the best support groups in the industry even if it is for their demo version. They are dedicated in listening to the user. So if you are expereriencing problems even with the demo I'm pretty sure they would be interested in hearing it. As others have said it could be a limitation or even over looked flaw. It is a full featured limited time demo so there should not be a limitation.

Eyeone Contact Info (http://www.eyeonline.com/Web/EyeonWeb/AboutUs/contact_us/contact_us.aspx)

Original1
10-12-2004, 01:44 AM
Having you tried to email support at Eyeon or even call them? They have one of the best support groups in the industry even if it is for their demo version. They are dedicated in listening to the user. So if you are expereriencing problems even with the demo I'm pretty sure they would be interested in hearing it. As others have said it could be a limitation or even over looked flaw. It is a full featured limited time demo so there should not be a limitation.

Eyeone Contact Info (http://www.eyeonline.com/Web/EyeonWeb/AboutUs/contact_us/contact_us.aspx)

Did you try capturing the same footage to DV in VT[3]? Is there a difference?
No you have the loader for DV configered correctly? DF makes the best guess at what the footage is but you might need to tell it

zhaotian
11-02-2004, 06:21 AM
这里也不都是高手!!!!!!!!!