PDA

View Full Version : Retro TV with DVD

etobiason
09-30-2004, 05:20 PM
I did this for our budding studio's logo treatment. The After Effects guy will make a motion graphic featuring our logo, which will play on the screen. I envision having the scene start off dark, and then being lit up by the screen. Rather than use radiosity, I think I'll have a blurred, horizontally reversed version of the video to use as a spot projection coming from the screen.

Here is a render of the device with radiosity applied, and a frame from my butterfly animation thrown on the screen just for the heck of it.

etobiason
09-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Now here are some other images...no more radiosity...

-e

etobiason
09-30-2004, 08:38 PM
That super-receding floor was bugging me. Switched from radiosity to area light.

daveheinzel
09-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Very nice looking renders. The attention to detial is good, and the texturing is very smooth. I really like the metal, mostly on the border around the screen. Very nice texturing to that.

Also glad that you rendered an image without the infinite floor, the walls help quite a bit.

The tv looks a little lonely sitting on the floor all by itself. Its design seems to suggest that it was made to stand on the floor, but judging by the size of the DVD, it looks a little short for my liking, and the angle only emphasizes that. But trust me, I had to look hard for anything to critique.

-Dave

kristof
10-01-2004, 01:55 AM
Nice idea and very nice picture.

I have only one (minor) comment: the reflection map used seems to suggest that the TV is standing in an outdoor environment, while the TV is clearly indoor.

etobiason
10-01-2004, 08:37 AM
The reflection map is off, it is the "building" hdri which has expansive windows and so on, more like the lobby of an office building rather than some living room. I'll probably get around to detailing the environment more (ceiling and so on) and nixing the hdri.

And, though it could stand on the floor, it would be rather low. I think if it were to be really used, it would have to stand on a table...

Thanks for the crits...!

johnnyh66
10-01-2004, 11:12 AM
It would look cool sitting on a art deco tv cabinet.
So... when are you hireing LW/AE artist? ;)