PDA

View Full Version : flatten texture layers?

cj8n
09-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Is it possible to flatten or merge all the texture layers into one layer? Perhaps there is a plug-in to do this?

Thanks,

Chris

Triple G
09-30-2004, 11:06 PM
You could create a UV map for your object (doesn't have to be anything special...just a simple Atlas will do), and then use the Surface Baker shader. Then you can apply the baked image and add more layers on top of that, if you want.

cj8n
10-01-2004, 06:23 AM
You could create a UV map for your object (doesn't have to be anything special...just a simple Atlas will do), and then use the Surface Baker shader. Then you can apply the baked image and add more layers on top of that, if you want.

Currently I have 2 texture layers in my surface color channel. One is a planer map the second a atlas UV map. I would like to merge these into one so I can export them to a VR software that doesn't support layered textures. Perhaps I'm missing something basic here, I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks,

Chris

mattclary
10-01-2004, 07:13 AM
In a nutshell, no, you can't flatten layers. There are ways you can get around this, as stated by Triple G.

cj8n
10-01-2004, 07:20 AM
In a nutshell, no, you can't flatten layers. There are ways you can get around this, as stated by Triple G.

Ah, I must study more about UV maps and baking.

Thanks,

Chris