PDA

View Full Version : macro recorder for modeler

masterchief
09-30-2004, 10:16 AM
I want/need macro recorder capability for creating lscripts for modeler. Please advise.

regards,
William

Lynx3d
09-30-2004, 01:41 PM
I want/need macro recorder capability for creating lscripts for modeler. Please advise.

regards,
William

Well...that would need some kind of master handler class for modeler plugins to monitor the actions, which does not exist (yet). You could make that a feature request, but i'm afraid you're not the first one to ask this...and not the second either... ;)

masterchief
10-05-2004, 12:01 PM
I want to use LScript to activate modeler commands already available from the menu.

1. Select points
2. Multiply Tab->Extend->Extender
3. Modify Tab->Move
4. Extend points

I want to perform steps two and three with LScript. There should be quicker way to accomplish this task.

I have assigned extender to 'u' keyboard shortcut, and move to 't'... how about assigning multiple commands to single keyboard shortcut????

Please advise.

regards,
William

ArtHowe
10-07-2004, 10:05 AM
Hey there William,

Unfortunately a macro recorder for Modeler, akin to the LScript Commander in Layout, isn't possible with the current Modeler command architecture. This is something that has been discussed in the past, but there is no short-term solution. This is already on our list of things to discuss with the LightWave team at NewTek for a future version of the software, but we can't make any promises as it will require a pretty extensive reworking of how Modeler internally handles commands and is no small task.

Art

masterchief
10-07-2004, 12:42 PM
understood...

How about this one: can I assign multiple commands as keyboard shortcut in modeler?

regards,
William

Karmacop
10-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Make an lscript and assign the lscript to a button ;)

masterchief
10-11-2004, 06:55 AM
oh thank you so much....

Karmacop
10-11-2004, 08:13 AM
Are you being sarcastic? If you are tell me what you'd like to do and I'll try to make an example script that you can look at and modify.

masterchief
10-11-2004, 08:38 AM
I can make lscripts... they must be compiled to add to menu, as far as I know. correct me if I am wrong. ...just looking to create my own shortcuts as I need them.

I have extender set up as 'u' keyboard shortcut, and move the 't' keyboard shortcut. Instead of using a two-key combination I thought it might be easier to setup both commands as single key....

can this be done with LScript???

GruvSyco
10-11-2004, 09:39 AM
you do not have to compile lscripts to add them to the menu.

I'm not sure if it worked the same with Ikeda's tools in 7.5 but, with the integrated Ikeda tools in LW8, you can have the move command hot and just hit "e" to keep adding geom, leaving the move command active. it's pretty sweet. It does about what it sounds like you want.

masterchief
10-11-2004, 09:49 AM
EXCELLENT!!!

That is exactly what I need, thanx! newbie here, no concept for leaving commands HOT and manipulating geometry with additional actions. where can I find all of these cominations???

secondly, how do I add lscript to menu?

thank you.
William

Lynx3d
10-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Use the "add plugins" command and add the LScript as plugin.
Then you can assign it to a button or hotkey.

Hm i don't don't think you can just activate tools with LScript, you can only execute e.g. a move with specified offset as part of a command sequence.
But as said, you can leave many of Modelers built-in tools active while executing non-interactive tools.