PDA

View Full Version : LW 8.01 Save Image options limited ?

jkushwara
09-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Is there a reason why the save image format options in LW8 are much less than those of 7.5 ? I see only .tga , .iff and .flx (same options in FPrime). 7.5 had all the standards as well - 'jpg, .bmp. pict, ect. and it was nice for quick renders for client reviews and such.

Thanks

robewil
09-29-2004, 12:13 PM
All the other formats require the supplied plug-ins that can be found int the Input-Output Folder.

jkushwara
09-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks Robewill ! Especially for not responding with some variation of rtfm, though I wouldn't have blamed anybody. ;)
Been awhile since I did a LW install and I'm a bit rusty. Does seem odd though that some major functionality requires seperate installation - shouldn't this stuff be addressed by the initial installer ?

mattclary
09-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Naaahh, this isn't an RTFM issue. It's a "peculiarity" of LightWave in my opinion. They should really look at why plugin info is lost under different scenarios.

IMO, the location of the default plugin directory should be hard-coded into LW, as there are MANY core fetures that are nothing more than plugins, as you can now attest. ;)