PDA

View Full Version : Film look

lipera
09-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Besides deinterlacing what color and gamma adjustments have been tried on vt3 for a film look? I'm aware of some recommendations on aura. Thanks

Bobt
09-29-2004, 10:11 AM
There was an article in keyframer magazine on this.
One of the things was to turn the contrast down.
I cant remember all of it guess ya need to buy a copy and
it has great LW articles as well :)

Bob

ScorpioProd
09-29-2004, 12:28 PM
I highly recommend using the "Timestretch" ChromaFX in the switcher to do this.

Unfortunately, you can't use it in VT-Edit, but if your system is fast enough, as mine is, you can play your project in a DDR, through the switcher for the effect and simultaneously record it.

Timestretch with four lights lit on the T-bar looks best to me.

What it does is a frame blending trick that I feel lends a film-like look to my video without the annoying strobing that some film people seem to like. It also has the clever side effect of removing noise in your video by the nature of how it works.

RandyM
10-01-2004, 11:43 AM
What do you mean by Timestretch it? I don't see what your talking about. Could you please give an example on how to do that?

Thank-you

ScorpioProd
10-01-2004, 01:29 PM
There's an article in the summer issue of Keyframe that explains it all. The issue before the special SIGGRAPH issue.

It's one of the ChromaFX group of effects.

djlithium
10-02-2004, 11:24 AM
There are a few other tricks you can also try Randy, but to make things clearer for you, I suggest hunting around the DVE folders and the effects bins for some extra tools that shipped with VT3 including the TimeStretch DVE which does as Eugune suggests here.

You can also try this...

Take your clips in a project and without using any VT-Edit to switcher recording simply render your material out 25frames per second progressive/pal with the defielding plug in on it of course, then render back to NTSC. 29.97.

See if that works... you can also do this DDR to DDR recorder.

RandyM
10-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Thank-you all for your help. I'm not familar with the "letter"/"glossy" Keyframe. Is it available online or in the magazine rack at Chapters?

Thx again.