PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Image Sequence LWSN Killer ?

09-29-2004, 06:49 AM
Using LW8 on PCs (the LW801 update didn't help). I have an image sequence of a nice flame against black, (the old Pyromania 'Potfire') which works very nicely when used as both colour and transparency on a set of intersecting polys to make a fire in a bowl.
In order to have several different bowls of fire I made 5 copies of the sequence starting at different frames with different filenames (FlameA-001 to FlameA-077, FlameB-001 to FlameB-077 etc). But if I load all 5 flame objects into a scene it renders fine in LW but not in LWSN. - the scenes load, but the line 'Rendering frame***' is followed almost immediately by total death of node.
If the node was running on an XP machine the machine usually gets as far as 'Rendering transparent polygons' - unless anything was reflecting the said polys in which case it goes much quicker) but XP gives an XP application error message like:

The instruction at "0x7c911639" referenced memory at "0x08b63005". The memory could not be "read".

Anyone else bumped into this, I havn't found a reference anywhere?

Just occasionally one of the machines makes it through the first frame and then carries on, but I havn't been able to get more than 4 out of 12 machines running at once. (I use Lightnet which auto-restars the nodes)