PDA

View Full Version : adding plugins to hundreds of objects

jin choung
09-29-2004, 12:39 AM
howdy,

did this manually but was wondering if there was a quick way to a motion (or other) plugin to 100s of objects.

jin

Mylenium
09-29-2004, 04:43 AM
Create an LScript button for it! If you look at some of the buttons in LW you will see that they are actually just LScripts that call plugins. It's not always possible to include parameters and set the plugin to those, though.

Mylenium

toonafish
09-29-2004, 05:02 PM
There is an Lscript available called "MultiAddHandler" I used in 7.5, but it seems broken in 8. You can't set any parameters though. Check Flay if you want to give it a try. Otherwise do a little search and replace in a text editor, which should be part of Lightwave's toolbox by the way :-)

howdy,

did this manually but was wondering if there was a quick way to a motion (or other) plugin to 100s of objects.

jin

jin choung
09-30-2004, 01:02 PM
hi guys!

the multiadd thingamabob worked perfectly... i'm still running 7.5d so that works out well for me. thanks very much toonafish.

yah, i ended up using text editor for doing it manually but since i couldn't actually REPLACE any existing plugin, it was a pretty tedious deal anyway.

yah, i would lscript it but it probably would have taken me longer to get my head around lscript than actually doing it the hard way.

thanks again, much appreciated.

jin