PDA

View Full Version : what filters are you guys interested in ??

videoguy
09-28-2004, 07:05 PM
I am working on a plugin set of my own. What do you guys want?
I am currently working on a motion blur filter. don't ask for audio normilazation, as far as i am concerned its impossible to do in real time

jbcaro
09-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Well I asked a short time ago if anything existed that would remove hot/stuck/dead/whatever pixels. The general response I got was to take the video into another app and then use a plugin that could only be use in that app or try a blur effect or garbage matte or buy a new camera.

Well I can't afford to buy another app or buy another camera. I just need a plugin that will allow you to zoom in on the clip, select the defect pixel(s) (need to be able to correct more than one) and make it/them look like they were never bad (or close to it).

The only plugins that I have found that can do something like this if for FCP.

I know that this may not be at the top of everyones list, but it seems that eventually you will get a bad pixel in your video that you didn't notice in time to APR or your APR memory is full and no more can be masked out in camera.

Thanks for asking,
jbcaro

bbeanan
09-28-2004, 07:37 PM
How about one that reduces or removed camera shake like:
http://www.2d3.com/jsp/products/product-features.jsp?product=11

Whelkn
09-28-2004, 07:38 PM
You can do that in Aura with the Panto paint mode. Also Steve Bowie has a George script that automates the whole process.

videoguy
09-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Well I will see what I can the do, the pixel fix is just a replace with so it shouldnt be to tough. The stabilization plugin may be more difficult i have no clue how that company allows it to keep camera movement but remove the shake??? i will look around and see what there is for documentation. I have no clue on the time frame that i can accomplish this. but anymore ideas would be greatly appreciated

Bobt
09-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Pixel replacement would be a GREAT filter.
Just an FYI you need to keep the setup in a file somewhere since
the camera is going to be missing the same pixel/pixels for a while.

Bob

videoguy
09-28-2004, 09:55 PM
question i just had a brainstorm: why couldnt tool shed do this , scale a copy of the clip to 1 pixel next to the bad pixel and overlay it on the dead pixel

Paul Lara
09-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Instead of scale, you'd probably want to crop it instead.

AntAT
09-30-2004, 12:54 AM

ScorpioProd
09-30-2004, 02:22 AM
Not sure if this is possible, but it can be done in Aura/Mirage...

A common filter in the wedding industry is a vignette with different filtering inside and outside of the vignette circle. Like blurred and monochromed outside the circle and monochrome with bloom inside, or something like that... Blurred and monochrome outside and natural color inside is another one...

mgrusin
09-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Gamma correction.

Noise reduction (TMPGEnc is good at this, but it would be more useful to me if it weren't the last step, or applied uniformly to everything...)

Some sort of strobe filter which slows down the frame rate, but mixes the intermediate frames together for a blurred effect (exactly like a low-light setting on some cameras, for drama / dream sequences etc.)

Thanks for ANYTHING you decide to do! -MG.

AntAT
09-30-2004, 10:44 AM

ScorpioProd
09-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Some sort of strobe filter which slows down the frame rate, but mixes the intermediate frames together for a blurred effect (exactly like a low-light setting on some cameras, for drama / dream sequences etc.)

VT[3] has this already built-in, it's called "TimeStretch." It's not a strobe filter, a strobe filter wouldn't do the frame blending. It's a great effect. Unfortunately, it's not possible to use it in VT-Edit. And I talked with Bob about it, based on how it works, it can't. So I just play my project in a DDR, add the effect in the switcher, and recapture, all at once.

videoguy
09-30-2004, 04:09 PM
eugene can you post examples? I am currently working on motion blur, matte creation is gonna be tough becuase i can not create an alpha channel.

ScorpioProd
09-30-2004, 04:43 PM
It's all explained in the summer issue of "Keyframe" about getting a "film-look" in VT[3]. It was enough to get Bob Tasa to subscribe to it! :)

Or did you mean examples of vignettes?

videoguy
09-30-2004, 05:09 PM
vignettes i think i have an idea but want to make sure

ScorpioProd
09-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Ah, well, honestly I don't really have any... I see my fellow videographers in the area with Canopus systems always doing them, but I haven't actually tried to do one by hand in Aura/Mirage...

Bobt
09-30-2004, 09:41 PM
LightFX Eugene

Bob

Jean
10-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Transfer modes would be great.
add, screen, mutliply, ect.

and the possibility to use 8 bit B/W video as alpha.

SBowie
10-01-2004, 08:23 AM
and the possibility to use 8 bit B/W video as alpha. Just in case Bob's post was a little too cryptic, though it has more uses than that, you can basically do that already with his LightFX.

ScorpioProd
10-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Oh, I never tried LightFX, I'll have to. :)