PDA

View Full Version : 3D text in Lightwave ?

Media
09-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie in need of help. I've never used 3D programs before, but I'm interested to learn about programs which are best for 3D text. (like the example below). Is Lightwave suitable for this kind of work ? Any help/support MUCH appreciated!
Many Thanks.

Example of 3d text :
http://www.freestylesolutions.net/graphics/lrg_design_2d.jpg

Weetos
09-28-2004, 12:57 PM
LW can do this kind of stuff, but you need to learn HOW to do it. Everything is possible :) just an example of a 3D text I'm currently working on :

Silkrooster
09-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Creating 3D text is very straight forward. I even think it is easier than a few other programs. For one changing the color of the bevel can be difficult is some programs. However in LW all you need to do is select the face give it a surface name and then bevel. This new surface name can then be changed to any color or texture you desire. Below is an attachment of a quick render. Do not judge it to harshly, as others who have been doing this much longer can put this render to shame. It boils down to how long you have been using the software. The more you use it the more second nature it becomes.
Silk

riki
09-29-2004, 03:02 AM
The text in the pix above could be dne in Photoshop with Gradients or even something cheezy like BladePro

TheDevil
09-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Lightwave is great for text and is used a lot for TV idents too. I'm only replying because I want the telephone number of the babe in the flyer. Any chance??? :p

EDIT: Weetos, you have a nice text image there. Looks pro.