PDA

View Full Version : editing package

panleft
09-28-2004, 07:43 AM
in general i am happy with toaster.
i would like however to beable to do many things with in the shipped "edit" system that i normally do with other systms.As i is not able to therefore i am force to look for an alternative. we already have adobe primire pro. this does not give us use of the toaster card. is there a plugin avalbale that will alow us to use the video out of toaster, the audio side we have coverd by using another sound card.

sbrandt
09-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Hah... fat chance.

chuckd
10-11-2004, 10:22 AM
I believe Bob Tasa will finish his Premiere plugins for VT once LW Connect is done. Shoot over to www.toastergarage.com to check it out.

UnCommonGrafx
10-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Chuck's right.

But in the interim, tell us what you want that you don't have in VTEdit that pp does. Gosh knows, the list might get lengthy but we have time...

:D

ScorpioProd
10-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Oh geez Robert, it's a holiday, you really want me to get going on such a list?!? :o

1) STANDARD DirectX and VST audio and video plug-in support. So we can make use of the many, many standard plug-ins that everyone else can use. Other than Bob, and his love of the VT, I don't really see the third-party market taking off for a proprietary plug-in scheme like the VT uses.

2) FULL support of DV. Yes, we can output DV via firewire real-time now, but we can NOT print-to-tape with it. Really, it's true.

3) HDV support.

4) Unbundled NLE so that we can use it on laptops in DV mode.

5) Sample level audio editing, do you like being limited to editing audio in 1/30 of a second chunks?

6) Easy audio editing where you simply grab the audio envelope on the time line, why should you need to open a separate interface to do it?

7) Audio waveforms for both the L and R channels, not just a mono sum!

8) Bezier curve based positioner ON the video display, why use a separate panel when you can actually see the video you are moving instead?

Just some ideas, but don't get me wrong, I do love VT-Edit. :)

radams
10-11-2004, 02:01 PM
:D

Let me see...

Realtime audio editing with proper signal routing and VST support...
ALL that Eugene said.....

frame and rez independence....etc...etc...etc....
Oh and be able to work with third party apps...
XML and AAF(MXF) integration....work with QT in or out...

Debundled for laptops....
Timeline integration with AE, (But also add this with DF, Aura/Mirage) DAWs, DVD authoring etc...

Cheers,

radams
10-11-2004, 02:03 PM
I forgot...REAL Surround support!!!

;) :eek: :cool:

jbcaro
10-11-2004, 02:46 PM
hmmm..... :rolleyes:

Might just be easier to finish that plugin, maybe. :D

jbcaro

MediaSig
10-11-2004, 03:41 PM
hmmm..... :rolleyes:

Might just be easier to finish that plugin, maybe. :D

jbcaro

But...will the Premiere Pro plugins be finished to work with VT4, VT3, Or both?
If for VT3, then I would think there is some life left in this card.

Hope so...

Greg

panleft
10-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh well. There you have it more newtek users with pitch forks :D at least I am not alone

Jay Kelley
11-24-2004, 12:06 PM
If you own VT3 make sure Newtek knows you will not upgrade until there is a Premiere Pro plugin..

If enough people state this and stick with it, believe me it will make an impact.

Jay