PDA

View Full Version : SIRDS Generator

3danim8d
09-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Hi, I asked this in the Tips Forum and didn't get any replys so I'm hopeing someone here can help me out.

I am looking for a plugin or program that can create High Res SIRD Images 24x26" @ 300 PPI.

I've searched with google and found some questionable possibilites but am hoping that someone here can send me in the direction of a proven app or plug in that provides profesional results.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jeff

Hervé
09-28-2004, 01:14 AM
what are SIRD images anyway....?

3danim8d
09-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Herve,

SIRDS are Single Image Random Dot StereoGrams often called "Magic Eye" images.

I don't know if you've seen the movie Mall Rats, but it's that big poster that everyone in the mall looks at and tries to see if they can see the hidden 3D image in the dots.

If anyone knows some good programs or plugins to create these, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Jeff

art
09-28-2004, 08:44 AM
This might not help, but I remember that a fractal program called Fractint has the possibility of creating stereograms. I am not sure if it can take any image and turn it into stereogram or just fractals generated with that program.. but... the line from their website says:

"Fractint can convert any image to a RDS using either the color number in the current palette or the grayscale value as depth."

Im not sure what they mean by "any", but prhaps it is possible to open an image and then apply the stereogram. The software is free, so you won't lose much by trying it:

http://spanky.triumf.ca/www/fractint/rds.html

3danim8d
09-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Herve,

Thanks for the link, I've downloaded it and will try it this weekend.

Doe anyone one else have any suggestions for anything they have used to make SIRDS or "Magic Eye" type images?

Thanks in Advance,

Jeff

chris_lwgr
09-30-2004, 02:36 AM
Hi 3danim8d .You can try www.ixtlan.ru to download sirds generator.It makes and animated stereograms also.