PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Video: Getting composite video

abishiai
09-27-2004, 02:13 PM
I've spent some time this morning working with the streaming video, and have it figured

How do i get composite video out of the computer on the receiving end of the stream? I've got an ATI Rage Fury card with a Video Out, but there is nothing on it when I'm viewing the stream in Windows Media 9 player.

I've also tried it on my notebook computer, with the same result: video plays on the screen, but I don't get anything on the Video Out port.

Is there some setting somewhere to get the video to pipe from the Media Player to the video out?

Thanks,

Kevin

Silkrooster
09-28-2004, 09:20 PM
It's been awhile, but I think you need to turn on the second monitor in the display properties. But I can't remember if videos will also go to the second monitor. If you can capture the video sometimes you can find the file in your internet temp folder. Load that into a video editor and export to tape or print to tape depending on your software, this should put the video on your second monitor. You may find a shareware program that will convert streaming files to avi or mpg.
I wish I was more help, but I currently don't have my video editor installed to do any testing.
Silk