http://www.lightworks-user.com/hdri_starter_collection.htm#hdrimaps

happy rendering ! :D

southparx
09-27-2004, 12:33 AM
thanks for posting this up :)

Hervé
09-27-2004, 02:26 AM
some of them are great...

it is good so we can compare the different quality... I think "realtexture" are not that bad at all.... ;)

Hervé
09-27-2004, 02:28 AM
BTW, I may sound stupido, but how do you map the cubic hdri's onto a cube...? :D

faulknermano
09-27-2004, 03:12 AM
BTW, I may sound stupido, but how do you map the cubic hdri's onto a cube...? :D

best way (e.g. most predictable) will be the use a UV map.

edit: ps: maraming salamat for the links. :D

Hervé
09-27-2004, 04:07 AM
Hey thanks Faulknermano, yes I guess UV's... mmmh...

ok, also how the heck do you get shadows on a floor that has the background image mapped with front proj. , I'd normally just make luminosity 100 %, but then no shadows ... and if I make diffuse mor than 0, then it does not match the same image in Background.... until now I did it with shadow designer, it will make shadows on a 100% lit surface no problem, also I can shut off the light source to 0%, no problems, but now I'd like to render with F_Prime, so is there a trick...? ;) :D :)

digefxgrp
09-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the link! The stuff looks great.
I just ordered their 1st volume.

Craig Paup

Hervé
09-27-2004, 11:44 PM
you're welcome...; so no one knows how to achieve this in LW....? Remark, it may be impossible...?:rolleyes:

Hervé
09-27-2004, 11:46 PM
same pictures as above

Karmacop
09-28-2004, 12:25 AM
You know you can replace attachements?

Hervé
09-28-2004, 01:03 AM
yeah but i wanted them to appear, so.... Karmacop, any ideas on shadows......?

Karmacop
09-28-2004, 01:31 AM
Yes, but I'm rendering so I can't figure it out :p

Wait a minute, I'll open up another layout and have a look. I swear I got this working once ...

Karmacop
09-28-2004, 01:39 AM
Oh no, I know what it was. I turned alpha to be shadow density which is great for compositing, but I don't think there's a way to actually do it in Lightwave ... but Prem has a plugin to do it I think.

Hervé
09-28-2004, 01:42 AM
hey Thanks a million $... I'll try it now... (cool Karmacop)... but yeah I thought also that it is not possible directly in LW.... a shame.... :D

Hervé
09-28-2004, 02:11 AM
compositing the alpha works, but again... turn around... shadowblatt looks like the one, but this is a plugin again no luck with f_prime... besides I already have Shadow designer that will do the same job.... maybe even better...

Jeeeez a simple stuff to implement in Lw, 100 % for sure !! un-avoidable... :D

Ztreem
09-28-2004, 04:21 AM
You can do this directly in lightwave I've made it several times. Make a plane under the chair and make the backgroud picture as a front projection on the plane. It's ready!

Karmacop
09-28-2004, 05:05 AM
What'd be cool, other than someway to make this just work, is if you could set up a gradient based on the shadow amount. That way you could link transparency to the shadow via a gradient, which could be used for this and many other things.

Hervé
09-28-2004, 05:29 AM
no it's not ready...:rolleyes: I know the teknik, I justwanted to know if there was a way for that plane to cast shadows.... and if you make it frony proj. does not have to do anything with the fact it will not cast shadows on a 100 % limino. & 0 % diff... unless you photocomp it using the "KarmacopWay" or use plugins.... that's it... :D ;)

Karmacop, this is a clever idea indeed..... and hop feature request Please...

Does Maya or XSi have this feature... I mean about directly compositing ?

Hervé
@++

PS also a feature that make the current backdrop (whatever it is, could be cylinder, spherical, ...) somehow possible to directly use in front proj. on a surface, without the need to first render a "just current backdrop" and then loading it, blah blah...
.... see what I mean Karmacop...? coz if it's a flat backdrop, no problem, one can use the same image in front Proj., but nogo with other backdrop styles...

.... or maybe a script that captures the current screen backdrop, and directly load it in the scene.....

Karmacop
09-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Hmm ... interesting problem hervé. You might be able to cheat a bit and maybe use spherical projection connected to a reference null, and then get the null to target the camera ... or you might need to have your reference null move opposite to the null tageted at the camera .. I'm not too sure. Maybe I'll test it out tomorrow.

But yeah, it would be good to have a direct way of doing it. You should send a feature request of to Elmar about some of this stuff mentioned in the thread.

paulrus
09-28-2004, 07:33 AM
Make sure you read the License Agreement:

All images or works created using the HDRIMaps HDRI files (CarWash-SkyDome-FREE.hdr, CarWash-Sphere-FREE.hdr, BuildingMarble-SkyDome-FREE.hdr, BuildingMarble-Sphere-FREE.hdr) must be accompanied by the following caption:

“Created using HDRI data courtesy of HDRIMaps www.HDRIMaps.com from the LightWorks HDRI Starter Collection www.lightworkdesign.com”.

All images or works created using the Realtexture HDRI files (empty_kitchen2.hdr, empty_kitchen2_half.hdr, empty_kitchen2_pano.hdr, empty_kitchen2_pano_half.hdr, house_outside.hdr, house_outside_half.hdr, house_outside_pano.hdr, house_outside_pano_half.hdr, paris11.hdr, paris11_half.hdr, paris11_pano.hdr, paris11_pano_half.hdr, paris3.hdr, paris3_half.hdr, paris3_pano.hdr, paris3_pano_half.hdr, pillnitz_park2.hdr, pillnitz_park2_half.hdr, pillnitz_park2_pano.hdr, pillnitz_park2_pano_half.hdr, empty_kitchen2_half_VC.hdr, house_outside_pano_half_VC.hdr, paris11_half_VC.hdr, paris3_half_VC.hdr, pillnitz_park2_VC.hdr) must be accompanied by the following caption:

“Created using HDRI data courtesy of Industry Graphics www.realtexture.com from the LightWorks HDRI Starter Collection www.lightworkdesign.com".

All images or works created using the Sachform Technology HDRI files (harbour1_color.hdr, hdri-06_color.hdr, hdri-20_color.hdr, hdri-25_color.hdr, lobby2_color.hdr, hdri-06_VC.hdr, hdri-20_VC.hdr, hdri-25_VC.hdr, lobby2_VC.hdr) must be accompanied by the following caption:

“Created using HDRI data courtesy of Sachform Technology GbR www.sachform.de from the LightWorks HDRI Starter Collection www.lightworkdesign.com”.

Fasty
10-04-2004, 04:11 AM
...and let's not forget this important bit:

The User shall only be entitled to use the Software with a third party application program that contains LightWorks rendering functionality.

Hervé
10-04-2004, 05:23 AM
oh yeah sure.... :)