PDA

View Full Version : A couple of MAC related LW gripes

gatz
09-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Am I the only one experiencing these irritating (card related?) glitches:

If I hide LW, either by opt clicking another app or using HIDE in the dock, while LW is performing some big think'n (rendering or particle calc) and it FINISHES before I have unhid it, the app remains hidden. The windows are listed at the dock but I have yet to find away to unhide the app. This happens consistantly.

I also have a problem with dialogs hiliting erratically. Check out the pic and guess where you'll be typing. It's a pain when you start typing in the wrong field and you can't undo.

rg

DP G4 1GHZ, 1.75 GB, 10.3.4, ATI 9800 2x20"

meanlebh
09-27-2004, 01:57 PM
I don't know about the hiding issue, i rarely hide my apps when i am using them. but i too am experiencing the same issue when trying to edit different fields. The best workaround i have found thus far is just to double click in the field that i want to change, rather than single click, this seems to work most of the time, but once in a while i find myself editing some portion that i didn't want to, and i have no clue what the initial value was....very frustrating at times.

allanBook
09-28-2004, 01:23 AM
I also don't know about the hiding issue, but the dialog issue sounds like the documented problem that came along with the 8.01 update (if that is the version being used):

"One issue to be aware of is that if you click once on a text entry field to the left of the first letter you are placing the insertion point there, but a second click there, even minutes later and if a different field had focus, may be interpreted as a double click, so instead of simply placing the insertion point, a selection is performed. So if you intended to click and drag across a character, you would instead end up moving that character."
(source:http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/downloads/updates/lw801.html)

If I am mistaken and the version being used is not 8.01, then please forgive my post and I hope that somebody else comes along with the right answers.

-Allan

BeeVee
09-28-2004, 06:34 AM
It's 8.0.1! Honestly, I thought that if anyone would get it it would be Mac users... :rolleyes:

B

jdavidbakr
09-29-2004, 10:30 AM
While there's no undo, remember that LW doesn't remember the values you type in unless you hit "enter" or "tab," so if you move to the correct text box the old one should retain its original value.

On the subject of undo, I have no idea what actions are undoable and what aren't, I keep hitting undo and something changes (I see a flash out of the corner of my eye) but it wasn't the last thing that I did... pretty scary... :eek: