PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Camera Link

eFFeFFe
09-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Hello ...

I've setup a scene with 18 camera's (all keyed that they start their animation after each other) ... Now I wanted to render (over screamernet) all those camera's after each other without having to create 18 different scenes.

I used the CameraSelector (Master plugin) and managed to get one extra camera switching between the other camera's. I can see this when making a preview, I can also get correct renders when I render on one machine but when I send the scene over screamernet to diffent nodes, the camera only renders the first frame for whole the animation.

Then I put a modifier, Camera Trigger, on the camera (with the dynamic link to the other camera's) and now the linked camera switches to only the first of the 18 camera's and renders this one, but the last frame of the first camera is then repeated over the rest of the animation ...

Anyone has some experience with this ? Is it possible to link a camera to other camera's and render the linked camera correctly over screamernet ?
Or are there better methods to get all the 18 camera movement into one camera .... I can also give the linked camera all the keys of the 18 camera after all ...

This is all done on the latest OsX system (using G5's) ...

many thanks,
{e}

jdavidbakr
09-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Just last night I found a LScript that will split the scene into multiple scenes, one for each camera, called Camera Selector Export (http://www.interialabs.de/lw/lscript/); however, it does require some tweaking, you have to change the "\\'s" to ":'s" in the script to make it Mac compatible. It worked for me initially, but then started to act funky, see my other post about it. {Edit: I'm not on the computer I was messing with last night, as I was typing my post I had some ideas I wanted to check first, so you won't find another post...} But it might be a start, and it may work for you in your situation, since I don't know why mine works on some scenes and not on others. Then you just add all the scenes into your controller.

jdavidbakr
09-24-2004, 09:14 PM
OK, there appears to be a bug in the LScript if the scene file name starts with a digit instead of a letter, so that fixed my problem. It doesn't appear to work at all in 7.5 (I don't know about 7.5 with a letter extension because I never did upgrade my 7.5). So, I return to the point that if you change the script from \\ to : then it works.

NigelH
09-25-2004, 10:27 AM
I've had good results with an Lscript called 'Camera Director'.

http://www.andynicholas.com/thezone/index.php?area=downloads

It allows switching between cameras via a master channel. No script weirdness for me. It just worked.

eFFeFFe
09-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Tnx for the info ! ... gonna try the Lscripts and see which works best, ... I'm on LW8, hope they work for the latest version ...

many thanks,
{e}