PDA

View Full Version : Discovery edition

spigolo
09-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Does anyone knows where is it possible to download the Lightwave 8 discovery edition?
I have a course at the architectural university of Florence and I would like to teach some fundamentals using the Discovery edition but I don't know where to get it.

cresshead
09-23-2004, 02:53 PM
well i teach my students lightwave 8.0 in discovery mode by simply taking my lightwave 8.0 install into class and installing it...with no dongle it runs in DE mode!

so if history is okay then you simply need to download the lightwave 8.01 update and that will give you a lightwave 8.0 de version with a bit of luck...

ahh i see chuck has posted...maybe the 8.01 update will not get ya lw8 de then...
i do know that newtek are in the proccess of creating a NEW discovery version of lightwave which will probably have new/different restrictions as well as new content/training for new users.

if you still need a "lightwave DE" disc i can mail out a lightwave 7.5 DE disc to you.
as i have a few left in college.

steve g

Chuck
09-23-2004, 03:00 PM
We are still working on the Discovery edition, so it will not be available for a while yet.