PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Raw Audio file generation

teknomedia
09-23-2004, 01:50 AM
We have sevral VT3, and one is used as TV-stadion playout. Moste DV-files we play are 60-120 minutes long and the RAW AUDIO FILE takes about 30 min to generate!!!
Ouer NewTek Info folder have been up to .5TB large.
This is not good.

My question:
How do I disable the "NewTek Raw Audio" file generation?
I would like to have the toaster play video files with there native audio data.
There is no need for audio shrub.

Sysytem info:
Dell Dual Xenon 2.8 GHz with 1.5TB of drives.
VT[3] with update 3

Thank you
JJ

ScorpioProd
09-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Nope, there's no way to do that.

What it's doing is generating the audio waveform for display.

zoran
09-25-2004, 10:14 AM
If there is no way to disable this function (waiting for little clock to dissapear), why VT3 wont play audio until this process is not finished?

teknomedia
09-27-2004, 10:31 AM
Toaster can not play video files with embedded audio in real time.
All video files must have a separate audio file rendered in order to play sound with video.

This is wery lame.
My mobile phone can even do better...

Paul Lara
09-27-2004, 11:06 AM
My mobile phone can do better...

Wow, what model phone do you have?
I have always wanted a cell phone that plays back uncompressed AVIs!

teknomedia
09-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeha, the model is a "Dumbasso" :)

But I'm suprised that not more users have problem with these lage cache files. To me it seems a total waste of harddrive space and time to convert embedded DV-audo to a separate uncompressed audio file.
Harddrive is not expensive, but the problem is the time it take to generate.

We have made an interface to the toaster that connects directly in to the API, and enable the toaster to play programs based on an xml-playlist.

The audio cache file generation of all files are making the toaster to sluggish and unstable to funktion propery. If this "feature" of the toaster is not solved, we will trash it and get a better playout system.

zoran
09-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Yeha, the model is a "Dumbasso" :)

But I'm suprised that not more users have problem with these lage cache files. To me it seems a total waste of harddrive space and time to convert embedded DV-audo to a separate uncompressed audio file.
Harddrive is not expensive, but the problem is the time it take to generate.

We have made an interface to the toaster that connects directly in to the API, and enable the toaster to play programs based on an xml-playlist.

The audio cache file generation of all files are making the toaster to sluggish and unstable to funktion propery. If this "feature" of the toaster is not solved, we will trash it and get a better playout system.

Can I get your interface please... :o

teknomedia
09-29-2004, 09:23 AM
Well, if you can tell me how I solve the audio cache problem, you got it :)

NewTek people have told me that the only files the Toaster can play without audio cache is RTV- files, but this is not an option for us. We use DV and MPEG-2.
All files with interleave video and audio MUST be cached... to me this is not a real time system if everything must be rendered before it is played.

zoran
09-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Did you try mpeg2 separated video and audio files???

teknomedia
09-30-2004, 03:41 AM
yes, same problem.