PDA

View Full Version : Render issues

Orkman
04-04-2003, 11:41 PM
Hey there,

Ok I followed a tute by shaders.org, but I have some problems.

I attached the image, but one: When I render it creates white lines at certain points. I need them not showing.

two: I apllied smooth to the surface and even usd subdivision mode, but I still get polygon looking edges. Is there a way to smooth them out to make a nice curve?

three: The inner barrel of the object doesnt seem to cast a good solid shadow on itself. I checked self shadow, but it seems weak.

four: Is there a way when using a gradient as a backdrop to bend the edges a little. It is a cool chrome look, but I wonder if I can make the divisions no so straight.

Thanks!

Maxx
04-05-2003, 04:31 AM
1. - Check to see if these are a series of 2 point polygons. Obviously, delete them if they are.

2. - Up the "Render SubDivision Level" in your object properties to, oh, let's say 5 or so - that should smooth you out pretty well. If not, up it more... :D

3. - It looks like there's some ambient lighting spill going on. Do you have your ambient lighting set to 0?

4. Try adding a small amout of bump to the chrome surface. This will break up the line and give you the benifit of more realism.

Hope this helps....

Orkman
04-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Thanks MAXX. I will try all those things. Thanks for sharing your expertise!

I love this forum.

Maxx
04-06-2003, 05:10 AM
I don't know that I would call it expertise, exactly - but let me know how it turns out!