PDA

View Full Version : Tire Smoke

imfastrnu2
09-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Hello everyone

I was wondering if anyone here has created a car with tire smoke?

I have my scene completed but don't know how to set this up. I tried creating an emmiter parented to the tire, but I couldn't get the collision working between the particles and the ground & inner fender. I was hoping maybe someone here had some tips.

Thanks in advance
DaveC.

anieves
09-22-2004, 01:29 PM
I just finished something similar to that but the animation is of a Jeep Wrangler running through the desert. I parented the HV emitter to the Jeep Master null, not to the tires because I didn't want the emitter to rotate along with the tire. Then I moved the emitter close to the tire and then tweaked the particles as sprites which gave me the soft look I wanted. I would post a pic but I don't think I can since the project is not public yet.

Anyways, I hope that at least I gave you something to play with.

mattclary
09-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Looks like you are still using 7.x

On that panel you have showing, in version 8, there is a tab for setting up dynamics, which make what you are trying pretty darn easy. You should consider upgrading.

BeeVee
09-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Okay, it's not tyre smoke, but if you want to lay down some serious rubber, then this guy I interviewed has a cunning solution: http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/waadt/1.html

B