PDA

View Full Version : Hub not Working!!!

Hands
09-21-2004, 11:51 PM
hey all,, My Hub simply doesn't work. I have Windows 98 2nd edition and LW 7.
I run the hub and it says: no memory, no processes, no life!
why is that?
i used to use LW before i've re-installed my system and it used to work just fine (including the hub). but after i've changed some hardware (i got hit by a virus) this proplem came up.

i heard that there maybe a software conflict.
Thanx!

imazip
10-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi. I don't know if this helps, but I came across your thread since I have a similar problem on the Mac which I was able to fix.

First, unlike your post, I did not get any error messages, the hub just wouldn't work. In my Lightwave Programs folder, I slightly edited a file named "Hub cmdline". When I double-click, it opens in a text edit program.

My command line looked like this:
-c"MyHardDrive:Users:blue:Library:Preferences" -p"MyHardDrive:Users:blue:Library:Preferences"

where "MyHardDrive" is the name of my local hard drive on the Mac.

I deleted the "-p" and resaved the command line and now my Hub works.

I wouldn't know to change the script myself, but I read how someone did it in another post and just copied that.

Hope it helps. Good luck.

Exper
10-08-2004, 10:00 AM
The problem can be related to TCP/IP.
Win98 doesn't install TCP/IP by default, as far as I can remeber, the you must install it by hand.

The command line to stop the HUB is -0 (zero); if you don't have this switch then your HUB should work after TCP/IP is installed and correctly running.

But it's a little strange if you're here on the forum! :D
Maybe a firewall is not trusting the HUB exe?

Hands
10-08-2004, 12:09 PM
thank you guyz
its true i have not installed TCP\IP on my computer cuz i decided no to use the Internet on it anymore
thank u!

Exper
10-09-2004, 04:14 AM
You're welcome! ;)