PDA

View Full Version : slider problem-- display issue?

Jason
04-04-2003, 07:45 PM
I've never been able to consistently access the sliders widget when it appears. This has been a problem since sliders were featured.

The sliders are visible, but I can't click them, move them or the entire slider panel. I can access the same info via Deform > Endomorph mixer, but of course I'd prefer to use the sliders.

I know this isn't a problem with the slider setup-- it happens with Eki's Overcaster stuff and other tutorial files that I've downloaded.

So, the upshot is that the slider widget seems invisible to the mouse, except for occassional times that they suddenly become active. More often I just end up selecting the object that's beneath the slider panel when I try to click the panel.

I have 7.5b on Win 2k, gforce 2 MX card running a dual screen setup.

Thanks for any input.

Jason

marvin
04-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Jason,

I remember having the same problem it could be easy to solve. Under the Items tab, on the left, under the Tools menu, There should be a tab called Sliders. You have to click this in order to be able to access the Sliders box. This is how it is potentially easy.

If Sliders is not there, you can turn it on.

1. In layout either hit Ctl+F10 or Layout-->Interface-->Edit Menu Layout.

2. Under Tools on the command menu on the left, you'll find Sliders. On the right, you'll find Main Menu. If you drop that down, you'll find Items which has Tools, Motions, Ik beneath that.

3. Select Sliders from the left Command menu and Tools from the right Menus area and click Add on the right. Then Done.

Hope that helped.

marvin

Jason
04-07-2003, 02:57 PM
well, that worked. Odd that it makes other objects unselectable by clicking with the mouse, but the slider widget is finally available.

Thanks!