PDA

View Full Version : Crash message

chemaelizondo
09-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi guys.
I was wondering: Is this a crash?
It happens on modeler and I can't get that message out of the way, as it pops out, modeler freezes, If I force quit it, a message asks me if I want to save the message? I asume is the one on top of the screen.

This has happened about five times in a one month period, prior than that it had never happened before.

Im running LW 8 on a G3.

Any coments would be appreciated.
Thanks

JM

jdavidbakr
09-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Yes, that's a bug apparently. What it literally means is that whatever function you called had a check to make sure that the points.size() > 0. I vaguely remember having this happen to me, and it was because I had points or polys on top of each other and was trying to do something that it made sense to me why you can't have the points on top of each other... sorry for the vagueness but that's the fogginess from reaching that far back into my memory... at any rate, I would see if you could duplicate it (that was the case with me, the object was saved in the condition that caused the error) and I think a merge points or merge polys fixed it. It may have been a case where I had duplicated and flipped the polys or something, or there was geometry that I didn't realize was there, or something funky... but if you try merging points and polys that might fix it. (Look at me, it's been a long week... and it's only Wednesday!)

On the side, I hate Assertion programming in this case, if you are trying to execute a command and a condition is not met, abort the command and give the user an error, don't crash out of the program!

chemaelizondo
09-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks Jon I'll pay atention to that situation.
I guess now I have a clearer Idea about the situation.

Anymore coments anyone?

Thanks

JM

JackDeL
09-26-2004, 09:33 AM
What are you doing when this happens? Are you using a plugin?

chemaelizondo
09-27-2004, 11:17 AM
I can't recall axacly what I may be doing when this thing happens, but Im certain I'm not using an external plug-in.

I might be merging points or welding maybe?

Something quite basic like that.

Thanks

JM