PDA

View Full Version : keyboard problem

guik
09-21-2004, 04:25 AM
don't know why but when i run lightwave(modeler and layout) my keyboard changes its set up several times (sqerty - azerty)... for example, to use the function to center the model in the view, i would uselly use "a" shorcuts but sometimes i got to push "q" key. :eek:
help please coz' i get mad!

Silkrooster
09-21-2004, 08:33 PM
When typing text in modeler is the text correct? I am trying to determin if the problem is with the keyboard or with the program.
If it is with the program your config files maybe corrupted. Try resetting the default keyboard shortcuts. If they still give trouble you may need to recreate the config files. Try backing them up and deleting them and see if LW recreates them. I am not possitive if LW will recreate them, that is why I recommend backing them up.
Silk

Titus
09-21-2004, 09:21 PM
The same happens to me, the keyboard changes from Spanish (actual language) to English.

guik
09-22-2004, 01:43 AM
when i type a text that's the same thing (config change).
got also that problem with photoshop... and i've already redifined shorcuts several times...
Did anyone manage to solve that problem?

BeeVee
09-22-2004, 01:51 AM
It's because Windows thinks you are changing your keymap. Go into the Control Panel, Keyboard and go to the Input Locales tab. Down at the bottom of the window you'll see something like "keyboard sequence to change keymap". Set it to none.

Thanks Microsoft... *sigh*

B