PDA

View Full Version : VT3 Running Multiple playback decks

lvsoule
09-20-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm curious if the VT3 can run different various playback decks at different times.
For example 3 VTR's all with different programs on it to play one after the other.

there's a box out there by leightronix that will do this. It is so that a television station can program what will play on their station. They program it then leave.
When 1 VCR is done it stops VCR1, plays VCR 2, and routes the signal from VCR 2 to broadcast.. I would actually want to use probably DVHS or DVC-Pro, or DVC.

Jim Capillo
09-21-2004, 03:39 AM
If you're referring to the Leightronics as a timer/unsupervised deck controller, then no, I don't think the VT can do this. But you can load programs into a DDR and have them play in sequence.......

rbartlett
09-21-2004, 04:41 AM
Would you consider using the DDR and online the programing?
That'll buy you absolute continuity.

All other things are possible but might suit a backup solution and also a redundant VT or video switcher/router for an operational setup.

lvsoule
09-21-2004, 09:07 AM
I didn't think of that(DDR). It would take some serious harddrive space, but I see how it could work.
thanks

PIZAZZ
09-21-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm curious if the VT3 can run different various playback decks at different times.
For example 3 VTR's all with different programs on it to play one after the other.

there's a box out there by leightronix that will do this. It is so that a television station can program what will play on their station. They program it then leave.
When 1 VCR is done it stops VCR1, plays VCR 2, and routes the signal from VCR 2 to broadcast.. I would actually want to use probably DVHS or DVC-Pro, or DVC.

Yes you can do that with a VT3. The Digital Broadcaster allows you to setup a playlist that is scheduled by exact times. You will be able to also document when when your clips play for billing purposes. The Digital Broadcaster runs as a plugin on top of a typical VT3 installation. You still have all the power of the VT system but the convenience of a scheduler. All of the files would play off of the hard drive array. We have the system running an Information TV Channel in a local business here 24/7.

Contact me directly if you would like some more details.

jef at pizazzme.com

lvsoule
09-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Thanks Jef I will take you up on that when we get a little closer. I want to get the whole program running well for basketball season. We plan on shooting the whole season.