PDA

View Full Version : How to parent objects

Cunhambebe
09-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Stilll reading some tutorials here, on how to set some lights. Author says to create a null object and name it as Light Parent and then says to select each light and make each one a child, let's see how the author points out this....

....Now take each of the three lights in turn and parent these lights to the Lights Parent null. The lights should stay in their same positions within the scene at this point, as the Lights Parent has no motion.

I was just wondering how I can do this with lightwave 8.0. Can anyone help this time????????

Thanks

Silkrooster
09-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Just press the lower case m key. This will bring up motion designer. Select the child object and in the motion designer you can set the parent. You can use the up and down arrow keys to go through each object in turn to select the child objects.
Silk

faulknermano
09-21-2004, 04:31 AM
Just press the lower case m key. This will bring up motion designer. Silk

i think you mean "motion options." :)

Cunhambebe
09-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Thanks to both of u who took time to respond. I just found out the screen to parent objects right after posting here. Thanks anyway. Now, I'm dealing with lights.......That's an art, isn't it? You set something wrong and you ruin the whole thing. I'll keep in touch around here, guys! Thanks again. :)

thekho
09-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Just press the lower case m key. This will bring up motion designer. Silk

i think you mean "motion options." :)

lol :D

Hi Cunhambebe

Or you can use Schematic.

Or also use Scene Editor :)