PDA

View Full Version : Web Streaming with VT3 system

lvsoule
09-20-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm trying to get web streaming set up with the VT3.
I'm using Windows Media Encoder(WME) 9. In WME 9 it shows what the VT3 is producing, but I can't seem to pull it up over the web.
Also alpha channel graphics don't seem to show up on the WME.

We are doing a real estate seminar this weekend and it would be a nice bonus if I could get the streaming going by then.

Jim Capillo
09-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Check this out: http://www.newtek.com/products/vt/tutorials/streaming-002/index.html

lvsoule
09-20-2004, 06:29 PM
I can get to where it says my ip address step#20 pull from the encoder- then it assigns an IP address- however it starts 192.168.......:8080/ the 192.168 is a very common internal ip address I thought.

In the example it shows a number like 10.28.14.194:8080 - which seems more likely usable.

Is there a way to get a different IP address. a friend said go to google.com type in ip address the search will give you some listings he said the very top one click on it and it will tell you your IP address- I did this and it is a different IP address than the 192.168........

bbeanan
09-20-2004, 07:29 PM
I did this and it is a different IP address than the 192.168........

I would guess that you have a DHCP router in use the 198.168.0.1 address woud be your "local" IP address. Now I have never done this and I am in now way a network wizard (or even have a real clue) but you should be able to open a port in your router to your toaster machine which should allow it to work (granted you should check with your ISP about what your upstream data rate it you may have 3 meg downstream like me but only 768 kbs upstream)

But like I said I really have no clue about this stuff, but I'm sure someone will chime in and correct my errors.

lvsoule
09-20-2004, 08:35 PM
I think your right. I have a belkin router- but I don't have the manual for it anymore- at least that I know of. So the belkin is sending me an internal ip address and I need the outside one!??

bbeanan
09-20-2004, 09:23 PM
I think your right. I have a belkin router- but I don't have the manual for it anymore- at least that I know of. So the belkin is sending me an internal ip address and I need the outside one!??

Yes, on my D-link router I have "IP Address of DMZ Host 198.168.0._ _ _ " I think this is where you want to enter your "local" IP address which will open your PC up to the world, so after you are done you will want to disable this just incase.

lvsoule
09-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Got it!!!

In case anyone is interested. I took the info from this thread + help from a friend and am streaming now!

You learn something new everyday. Inside the browser typing 192.168.2.1 takes you into the router "menu" for belkin the password is just blank as default. then I went to the firewall/virtual servers and enabled this computers IP address, and under inbound, and private typed 8080. now it works. you go into windows media player and type http:// then the ip address that the world sees your router as then :8080/ and it pops up. How confusing. I don't know if I will remember that this weekend, but it'll be on this thread.

I still can't get the alpha channel graphics that i designed and put in the DDR to show up with video on the streaming. Maybe that's just not possible? I want to be able to have graphics fly in at parts of the program.

Thanks everyone
-Larry

bbeanan
09-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Make sure on WMP Encoder that you select the Program out NOT the Main out that should fix it.

lvsoule
09-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Program out instead fixed it. this is an awesome forum. thanks bbeanan.

lvsoule
09-22-2004, 08:04 PM
OK I thought I had it all. The video streaming is working good however like everything in production the audio is the last step.

my camera mic which goes into the Bob will loop to the net streaming, but the VT-Edit or DDR's do not. so when I play off the VT-Edit window it is silent video even though there is music and talking?

any suggestions? Thanks
-Larry

bbeanan
09-22-2004, 08:57 PM
sorry if this is answer is one of those "of course I did that" but on the Audio Mixer are the channels up for VT-Edit and the DDR? Can you hear the DDR and VT-Edit via your local speakers? Did you choose VT Audio in as in step 10 of the tutorial ( http://www.newtek.com/products/vt/tutorials/streaming-002/index.html )

You know after helping you here I am going to have to try doing some streaming myself... like I said I have never done it before...

lvsoule
09-22-2004, 09:32 PM
that's whats weird about it is I can hear the VT-Edit and DDR's through the speakers no prob. I did follow step #10 by putting the web stream input to the VT3. on the VT3 audio mixer I have the VT-Edit and DDR up, and the sound bars are bouncing- they bounce on the capture screen also. So the VT3 is seeing it, its just not sending it to WME

whatever the camera is picking up will stream from the bob to WME. If worse came to worse a VCR would work as a DDR as far as live streaming, but that would beat the purpose of the DDR's in this application. Stumped.....

Keith Gandy
09-22-2004, 11:42 PM
Same problem here - Video is fine in the encoder. Audio only comes from the left side of the audio mixer; nothing from the ddr or edit side. Any answer for this problem would be great!

lvsoule
09-30-2004, 12:41 PM
OK I've got the webstreaming thing figured out(sending out). All but why VT-Edit and DDR's do not send audio.......

here's The question. If I was the receiving computer, and the receiving computer has the VT3 in it. How would I take and incorporate the webstream video into my program live?

I know of one solution: Get another computer with internet, hook a scan converter up to it, and send the video to one of the inputs of the VT3 system.
I don't care about picture quality this time, it is a test run.

We want to set up an event in Atlanta Georgia, where a guy in Denver will send video (webstream) to me- I will have the VT3 running, and it will go to 2 big screen TV's in front of 700 people. We want the people to pick up a telephone- ask the guy in Denver in a question and he will answer it over the net and it will be picked up by the VT3 and incorporated through the system.

Maybe there is a better way. I'm trying to stick with the equipment we already have, however I'm open to new equipment also.

thanks
-Larry