PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to load an envelope file (*.env) directly into the graph editor?

scottw
09-20-2004, 07:31 AM
The envelope was created with a program called ExtractX to set an animated fish's mouth opening and closing a certain amount based on the volumn of the track. I didn't bother to build a phonetic set of movements, just open and closed, because (A) I'm a relative newbie and (B) it's just a fish.

The problem is, I have no idea how to load the envelope into the graph editor, or if doing so is even possible. I tried to use the Audio Channel to create the animation, but I end up with negative values applied to the morph, as well as unwordly high percentages.

The finished animation will be over 6,000 frames, and it would take a really long time to keyframe the lip-synch by hand (I've gotten about 2,200 frames done by hand so far in case I can't figure this out).

Any ideas?

Thanks, Scott.

Dodgy
09-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Open the graph editor and right click the morph channel you want to replace. Select Replace and load the .env you need.

scottw
09-20-2004, 09:34 AM
You've just saved me countless hours of work on a project I'm doing for fun. Granted, I still need to animate some movements, and render times are gonna be a b***h, but I'll take any shortcuts I can.

Thanks again!