PDA

View Full Version : Asking a HUGE favor for bone/weight

arisman
09-18-2004, 03:21 AM
Hi guys,

I've been searching the net and reading books about character weight map/bone problems, and it seems that most of us newbies still can't figure out the solution. I myself am beginning to feel frustrated.

So, I know it's asking a lot, but could someone post a model and a scene of working character weightmap/bone? Just a simple human character (may be faceless, no textures, no uv maps), I know modelling is an art and I respect it if you don't want to share it freely.

Thanks in advance.

bobakabob
09-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Arisman,

Check out the LW content CDs. Then there's the Spinquad forum - there are models and rigs posted there for download in LWO and LWS Downloads. Then there's Google...

Here's a really good tutorial by Dali Llama - LW 6, but very informative.

Bones and Weightmaps tut (http://www.geocities.com/rgkovach/wp_tut.htm)

Also, check out Dan Ablan's New Riders series... they are excellent.

Rigging does take some patience, but it's very intuitive in Lightwave. Think of bones as magnets and weightmaps as the areas of the model you want to be influenced by the bones. Weightmaps are great because when active bones can't accidentally affect unwanted areas of the model.

One major piece of advice - always turn off bones when fine tuning them during rigging and record rest positions when you're happy with their placement.

Bob