PDA

View Full Version : Tracking and adding masks

badllarma
09-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi guys having trouble understanding the manuals some what, basically I want to track a cirtain point (area) on my footage and adjust the brightness on a cetain spot.
Now I have created a single point tracker but I am unable to add the mask to the tracker itself? Do I add the mask to the trackers path? rather than the actual tracker :confused:

Roundpixel
09-20-2004, 02:23 AM
Im pretty new to DF, still learning, but this sounds familiar....did you publish the tracked results. From memory, i recall you had to publish them in order to be usable like in mask attaching.

If im wrong, please excuse me.

cheers
JC

Lightwolf
09-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Hi Andy,
I DF4 you can actually do it the other way around to.

Select the mask you want to use for the brightness effect, select the center and rmb click on it. If you now connect to a tracker, it will create a new single point tracker for you that the mask will follow.

Cheers,
Mike

badllarma
09-20-2004, 08:01 AM
Thanks all
After much trial and error :rolleyes: I managed it, ended up I attached it to the path the orginal tracker produced BUT I'll do that next time Mike sounds a much better way of doing it.
Must admit though I love this program :)
cheers
andy

Lightwolf
09-20-2004, 08:17 AM
BUT I'll do that next time Mike sounds a much better way of doing it.
Hehe, sometimes it helps to RTFM ( I just found out recently myself, shame on me ;) ).

Cheers,
Mike