PDA

View Full Version : Weird layout crashing

ericsmith
04-04-2003, 03:38 PM
I have been having a lot of hard crashes in layout (ie. frozen computer, have to restart by power switch shutdown) This problem is mostly happening when I try to close the file, but it will happen other times as well.

The weird part is that I have taken a look at some of the scene files that have this problem in notepad, and I am finding as many as hundreds of lines of:

Plugin MasterHandler 1 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 2 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 3 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin

If I delete them, the file will behave itself for a while, but the problem will return.

I have a 2.4 ghz dual xeon with 1 gig ram running 2000 pro.

Any idea what's going on here?

Stavross
05-01-2003, 01:39 AM
I've been having the same problem on my home machine ever scince I installed the 7.5b upgrade.
But this dosent occur on my computer @ work.
both systems are running win 2000 and have the same graphics card.
The crashes seem to be happening randomly, but they completely freeze my computer forcing me to reset the machine, I've never seen anything like it before, it's very odd.

paximus
05-03-2003, 04:29 AM
ive had the same problem befoere when using a mac, but never on a pc. i dont know what was causing it but i reinstalled my plugins and preferences and havnt had it since. not sure about on a pc though.

sorry i cant be of much help.

Dangerman
05-06-2003, 04:32 AM
Well if others are having this problem, then I guess I can rule out hardware troubles. Everything was fine until I installed 7.5b. I've reverted to 7.5 and stripped out all the plugins, being careful to install only the 7.5 versions of plugins I need. But the problem didn't disappear. I had a complete freeze today while doing a render with some heavy refraction.
I also installed Aura 2.5b around the same time as 75b, and I wonder if this is also involved???
I gave up thinking I could figure it out, and I've got an e-mail request into NewTek. Hoping for some good advice on a repair soon, because it's no fun to look at the icon and dream of the things I'd like to be doing.