PDA

View Full Version : Sky Captain

lesterfoster
09-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Any one seen Sky Captain yet?? Is it as good as what I am hearing on the new's? So far it sounds very good. From what I understand. It is the first movie that is 100% CG. Is that true? Is there a good link of the making of it, that some one can post? Was lightwave used to make any part of it??

WilliamVaughan
09-17-2004, 08:27 PM
I loved it....here are some pix from our trip:
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3137

pauland
09-18-2004, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the thumbs up on the movie, but I sure hope that people taking flash pictures in the middle of a cinema doesn't catch on.. ;-)

The angle of the seating looks ideal. Wish I had a cinema near me with such angled seating.

Paul

Whelkn
09-18-2004, 04:25 AM
THe movie had its moments but I thought that it dragged alot.

Jeremy

sadkkf
09-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Such a beautiful movie. What a great blend of classic pulp sci-fi and film.

CB_3D
09-18-2004, 06:47 PM
The trailers look beautyfull. Even if the movie sucks, iŽll love it! Hmmm, that came out weird! :p

turbo
09-26-2004, 03:30 PM
a bit slow.. best for dvd

hunter
09-27-2004, 05:23 PM
I liked it. There wasn't a ton of useless dialogue like soooo many movies today. :D

sadkkf
09-27-2004, 08:50 PM
The whole movie was in the style of a sci-fi pulp fiction story. It was a little over the top, the story was a bit simple, larger than life characters...all of that. It was the style of the time and I thought it was very well done.

mgrusin
09-28-2004, 09:59 AM
It has its share of problems, but they're excusable. The acting is sometimes flat (I'm impressed that it's as good as it is considering it was all done on green stages), and the story is a bit long with an occasional hole (understandable for an ambitious film on a tight schedule; I can't wait for a director's cut on DVD).

Overall, it's certainly better than the average effects film these days. Any CG or special effects artist should love it; it has a completely unique and gorgeous look. Last month Cinefex had an article on it; there is VERY LITTLE that was real in the film! (A coffee cup here, half a P-40 there...). Truly remarkable. And a lot of fun even if you know how it was done (it must have been a blast to work on). :D

-MG.

sadkkf
09-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Well put, mgrusin. The acting must have been very difficult with only sketches of locations and other action. Still, it makes one wonder how this kind of filmmaking will affect the future of the art. Or science. :)

lede
09-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Personally I thought the movie was really well done. There were some places it dragged but I hardly noticed it. My favorite part of the movie was the atmosphere they built. I felt it was an old movie with today's special effects. Defainatly a DVD item to get.

-Lee

-EsHrA-
09-29-2004, 05:56 AM
liked it or not, the movie IS bad.

esh