PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels crash with 8.0.1

F1Racer
09-16-2004, 12:55 PM
This is strange.

I add a particle emitter then as soon as I load the Hypervoxels plugin, LW crashes.
Ive done this within a scene and on a freshly booted computer with an empty scene.
As soon as I kick-in Hypervoxels its game over.

Anyone else had this or has a possible cure short of reverting back to 8.0 ?

Thanks

Lewis
09-16-2004, 03:44 PM
This is strange.

I add a particle emitter then as soon as I load the Hypervoxels plugin, LW crashes.
Ive done this within a scene and on a freshly booted computer with an empty scene.
As soon as I kick-in Hypervoxels its game over.

Anyone else had this or has a possible cure short of reverting back to 8.0 ?

Thanks

Nope ! I just tested on 8.0.1 at my side and NO crashes at all. I tryed with partigons, HVEmiters and other and i tested several HV presets (smoke, fire, rock , etc...) and all works fine. I also added VIPERs new "mosaic" preview (renders similary to FPRIME technique) and it works normaly. No crash on my side.

Try to reaload/sacn ALL plugins directory maybe something went wrong with CFG files.

cheers

F1Racer
09-17-2004, 03:46 AM
OK sorted it.

I deleted my config files and re-did all my settings, menu layout and reloaded plugins.
Still crashed, so I figured it was a rogue plugin conflicting somewhere.
So I loaded up the plugins folder by folder to narrow down until I found and deleted the 3rd party plugin that was causing the problem.

Thanks for the reply Lewis. :)

mrunion
09-17-2004, 05:11 AM
Which plugin was it?

norvman
09-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Yah which plug in was it?

I have been having a simular problem since installing 8.0.1

cept.... I load my scene up with HyperVoxels .... everthing works fine...
then I go to scroll the animation on the and bam.... lock up tight.... have to warm boot to get anything back...

:eek:

Neural Riptide
09-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Not sure if this is relevant at all, but I've found that LW 8.0 and 8.0.1 both crash instantly whenever I try to add any sort of FX (particle, wind, etc)

Thanks for the pointer towards the plugins though, that might be something to check through.

norvman
09-23-2004, 07:14 PM
My problems got fixed as soon as I upgraded my graphics card drivers...

using an ATI Radeon Card... had to upgrade the Catalist softaware too...

running smooth now...

:)