PDA

View Full Version : selection problem in modeler

Steve McRae
09-16-2004, 06:55 AM
has anyone else experienced this?

this has happened consistently, with numerous models in 7 and 8

on a high poly model, after booleans or stencils, the selection process in modeler gets all messed up

if you select a small area or group of polygons, a seemingly random assortment of polygons (outside of your original selection) gets selected automatically. Each time you select polys you have to zoom out to make sure that nothing else has been selected that you dont want.

this happens all the time in my workflow - has anyone else struggled with this as well???

any fixes?

dilaima
09-16-2004, 07:53 AM
i second that, even in the latest fix [8.0.1]
i think it's due to the lw aging :(

Aquaman
09-16-2004, 08:20 AM
I run into this situation every once in a while as well. A simillar thing happens to me in vertex paint where it paints on vertices in other places that I'm not touching.

dilaima
09-16-2004, 08:48 AM
once i was modeling a project and have a due the second day, i loosed a lot of the work in deleting polygons that shouldn't b selected, but for unknow reason lw selected them and delet, and sometimes, when applying material........
arrrggg, it result in loosing the project, sorry for this, till now i'm using lw to produce my work, but for sure it'll b dropped after some other appl release, as many will do :(

CB_3D
09-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Hub Autosaver...or, even better, sequencial saving with shortcut!

:rolleyes:

But yes, the selection problem is annoying.

Steve McRae
09-16-2004, 10:11 AM
well - glad to hear that eveyone else struggles with the same thing . . . :o

I will be keeping a carefull eye out for an alternative to modeler - sadly, it's the best I can find for stenciling etc. :( I am dissapointed that a known bug like this was not removed in 8.

Lamont
09-16-2004, 12:57 PM
I noticed this too, but what happened to me was that my mouse (optical) freaks out and I can see the path it took (lasso select). Outside of that, that's the only way for it to happen for me.

Skonk
09-16-2004, 12:58 PM
I noticed this a while back and made a video of it intending to ask about it here but i totally forgot :)

It seemed when i selected points close to the center of the view it would then select all the points of the object, from inside out (was kinda slow on a large object so i could see it selecting them in order).

James.