PDA

View Full Version : Went From Regular to Discovery Mode

DigiLusionist
09-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Hey guys, I unplugged my dongle when I moved my computer, and then plugged it back in after I had restarted my computer a couple of times.

Now, LW is only working in Discovery Mode. How do I get it back to regular mode?

I already deleted all of the config files.

Exper
09-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Do you have the USB one?

If yes: plug the dongle and look at it, can you see the little green light?

If yes... then try to reinstall the Sentinel Driver.

If no... it seems your own dongle is dead! :(

Lamont
09-15-2004, 07:45 AM
Both of my dongles don't light up half the time and they work fine, so the Light isn't an indicator. Did you change USB ports Digi? That happened to me like twice, it's a stupid Windows thing. I used to keep my dongle in the back USB port, moved my comp for better access and pluged it into a USB hub and I guess I missed Window's promt to install the drivers.

Exper
09-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Both of my dongles don't light up half the time and they work fine, so the Light isn't an indicator. Did you change USB ports Digi? That happened to me like twice, it's a stupid Windows thing. I used to keep my dongle in the back USB port, moved my comp for better access and pluged it into a USB hub and I guess I missed Window's promt to install the drivers.Strange... my own always lights up! :cool:

Yep... changing USB port needs a new Sentinel Driver setup.

DigiLusionist
09-16-2004, 01:18 AM
Deleting the previous USB driver install and then reinstalling did the trick. Thanks, guys.